Sunday, March 30, 2008

Writing Procrastination and Procrastination By Way Of Blogging About Procrastination

I'm a very productive person but find myself procrastinating at times by doing one thing to avoid another. The thing is, I'm never really slacking though.

I write to procrastinate from housework and I do housework when I'm taking a break from writing. When does a WAHM take a real break? It took a mini one today by having dinner with the inlaws but usually a break from work is housework and I'm often multitasking while I work because I'm folding laundry and sometimes deskercising while working too.

Anyway, tonight I needed to procrastinate from work although I'm not sure why because the assignment looks really easy but there's a lot to do before I can go to bed but I felt inspired to blog instead so I wrote four new recipe additions and submitted them to Cook it With Love. That made me hungry even though I've already eaten dinner and dessert and then a granola bar an hour ago.

So, then I decided to log all my food eaten today on fitday.com which tells me about my caloric intake, where my calories are coming from and tells me about any nutrition deficits by analyzing the nutrients I've eaten. I need to drink more milk before going to bed. Logging all my food now tells me what I've eaten today so helps me plan any late night snacking so I don't overdo it.

Ok, so I'm here procrastinating but disguising it as blogging about procrastination still because...because I don't know why. I don't really know why I don't just get that assignment done. Let me tell you first about the four recipes I posted tonight:

Raw Broccoli Salad: I love this salad and the fact that I am thinking about it must mean I'm really ready for bbq / picnic season. Daydreaming about summer is a way to not get your work done in the cold of winter.

Carmella Soprano Lasagna: I wrote the post up last week but forgot to save it so re-wrote it tonight a little ago to procrastinate that project. It got written after ten minutes of looking for it on my computer.

Cesar Salad: I wrote it because it goes with lasagna. I need to go back and relink that new link in the lasagna post.

Bruschetta. Not sure what prompted that one but that one probably reminded me to dig up the lasagna.

Ok, I'm going now but am going to make a cup of decaf green tea first and check twitter first and THEN get that dang assignment done. Oh shoot, look at the time, need to bathe the Wee boy and do the whole bedtime routine first.

3 comments:

Shannan Powell said...

Oh, I so live in the same world as you. Like at the moment, I should be writing, but I'm reading blogs and calling it networking to justify the "break"!

Dana Prince said...

Thanks for stopping by Shannan. It's great that our jobs are so flexible but sometimes it's too easy to put it off, huh?

Blogging is definitely networking though so don't stop! hehe

Vicki said...

Nothing wrong with a litte bit of
procrastination! The recipes sound yummy!!