Saturday, March 1, 2008

This WAHM Finally Got High Speed!

I moved to my house in September of 2005 and all we had was dial up. I had recently left a high tech job in the IT sector and was yearning for a simpler life in this small town by the lake. Little did I know this rural pocket outside of town didn't have any technology. No cable, no internet and no natural gas. So we had a satellite dish put in, we begrudgingly use electric heat and I dealt with dial up.

In early 2006 I serendipitously launch my writing career and while I found dialup difficult, it was all I had so I had to make it work. two years later I have a small writing agency of my own that was started on dialup internet with a dinosaurus of a computer.

I got high speed installed two days ago and must say that I feel like a new person who can meet and achieve my writing business and career goals for 2008. I'm giddy. I'm paying Paypal invoices in record time, I'm downloading files instantaneously, researching multiple sources of information for work is taking a fraction of the time and I'm doing my article directory submissions in half the time. I'm in awe! (So is my twelve year old who is downloading music right now!)

This Mom aims to have more productivity in the work day so I can do a little more with a little less time and hopefully earn more money! Zoom zoom zoom!

No comments: