Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tales of Woe, of Writing, and of Snoopy Sno Cone Machines


I'm sick. Sick of being sick is what I am! I am sick for the 4th time this year and I've had enough. This is clearly a sign of poor health and a sad immune system. This is a sign of a run down WAHM. Time to get healthy!

Anyway, I'm sick and am having a rough writing week with a non-paying client who's gotten on my very last nerve and clearly I want the world to feel sorry for me but popped in to share that writing work can sometimes bring you back to a place of wonder and innocence. An assignment tonight for a popcorn supply and machine company took me back to the Consumers Distributing Catalog in 1980 or 1981 in my mind when I was 8 or 9 and the Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine. I have to write two more keyword articles to finish this assignment and one of them is about commercial snow cone machines so in my research I happened upon:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/toys/Snoopy-Sno-cone-Machine/831614001554-item.html?pticket=5qj5sm45qtc1ox453bgxw5jdXbSnFJBTEYlNQlwfAICXrO5d4qg%3d

I know Consumers Distributing isn't around anymore but when I was a kid it was a mail order place that was all over Canada and you walked in and placed an order from the catalogue. The catalogue from my house was dog eared in about 100 places and a few of the things I wanted but never got were the big Barbie doll head on the platform with the hair accessories and make-up and...the Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine.

It was nice to see it online and I really would love to buy one. Right now I need to go back to this head cold of mine and sharing my space with DH who is kind of wearing on my nerves at the moment because we're sitting back to back in the computer section of the dining room and he keeps BUMPING into me with his chair.

Ok nuff feeling sorry and enough memory lane. Back to work!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I loved Snoopy Sno Cones!!! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Vicki said...

Dana,
I always wanted one of these, but never got one! The horror!
Hope your cold is better soon.