Friday, February 15, 2008

Learning Lessons In WAHM Balance

Balance ain't easy when you work from home. You're conflicted between the kids and the deadlines and you have to manage it all. People think you're home all day so you have time to chat and the house should be spotless. In reality you're often pulling your hair out, staying up way too late working, getting up before everyone else for work and trying to entertain and earn all at the same time. The house can be trashed for days on end, it seems. It's a fine balance. My almost four year old has endured this life for almost 2 years and doesn't know the life of a Mom who works outside. My 12 year old knows both and prefers this one!

I have finally convinced my little one that I work for a living at the computer and this along with his recent 'sort of' understanding about needing money to buy things surmised that endless amounts of cash could conceivably ooze from my CPU the other day when I said I didn't have enough money for something.

"Mommy, why don't you go work some more on the computer."

Truth be told, I do have the power to get endless amounts of cash outta this PC and I LOVE that!

Funny how he goes from begging me to take a break to the other extreme of marching me straight to my desk so I can buy him a new book or new v smile game :D

I often balance work and kids by working while I talk to them. I do have to stop and double check they're not about to do something I didn't meant to permit or to check and make sure I'm not writing what I'm saying though. He did make me smile the other day when on my lap talking to me and watching me type by saying, "Mommy you're an awesome writer."

Thanks sweetie pie :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As a mom of 8 children and just breaking into print, I can understand what you mean. :-)

Dana Prince said...

Thanks for stopping by jo-anne. Good luck with your writing career!